I don’t know if y’all had a Boston Market where you grew up, but we did. And my FAVORITE thing (other than the cornbread) was their applesauce. It was chunky and warm and amazing. When I purchased applesauce from the store it was cinnamon applesauce from Motts, but not chunky and always eaten cold.
I bought an Instant Pot a while back and decided to use it to make applesauce. I am NEVER looking back, sorry Mott family. This stuff was SO easy and SO delish!
Here’s my IKEA step by step process:
There’s no formal recipe. This is how I do it:
- Peel apples and cut into chunks
- Add cinnamon (circle 1)
- Add NuNaturals Vanilla Syrup (circle 2)
- Add a splash of lemon juice and some water
- Stir together so apples are evenly covered (circle 3)
- Steam for 20 mins, release instant pot pressure
- Mash any huge chunks
- Eat warm if possible. Because OMG.
You can also use brown sugar in this or a splash of bourbon if you imbibe. It is a delightful treat no matter how you make it.
So, I guess you could say I’m…. Austin Market. Eh? Eh?